Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit can be influenced by the course of duty of the crane which should be determined and specified. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal gear models type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear devices type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating desk, find in the ratio column and based on input rpm verify the gear box ranking horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected in a way that the ranked HP is equal or even more than the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric engine for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will be suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in class II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP can be 9, the unit HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric electric motor for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will be suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in class IV duty the rated HP is 3
Intend to find out more concerning crane duty helical gearbox? The friendly team on our web site can assist you out.